Graduate / Junior M&E Quantity Surveyor - BEDFORD
Due to continued growth and a particularly busy work-winning period, SDC are keen to speak with Graduate or Junior Quantity Surveyors to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team
Projects include large R&D, Commercial and Education schemes with contract values from £500k to £15m working on some of the region’s most prestigious buildings. This is an opportunity to join a growing department that underpins the success of the business by providing the installation and commissioning strategies for the M&E elements of the main project.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, managing sub-contract accounts from project award through to completion.
You will receive the necessary training and support to be able to take on a diverse range of M&E Quantity Surveying services.
- Assist with the evaluation of costs and learn about proposing alternative solutions.
- Advise on contract arrangements and conditions but work in a collaborative way to benefit all.
- Undertaking all elements of post-contract work
- Placing orders and managing mechanical and electrical sub-contract accounts
- Preparing regular financial control documents for packages of work
Benefits on Offer
- Employer pension contributions
- Inclusion into company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Opportunities to attend company events
- Ongoing training and CPD
Experience and Skills
- A construction related qualification (i.e., BSc in Quantity Surveying / vocational qualification / or some experience of in a similar role
- Experience of working for a main or specialist M&E contractor in a similar role
- Full UK driving licence essential.
This is a junior role reporting into an Assistant or Project Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will be based at the Bedfordshire Head Office and will visit sites across the operating region of the Northern Home Counties and Cambridgeshire.
Experience And Skills Required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES - SDC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and values diversity. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments or arrangements needed to support your application.