Trainee Site Engineer Oxford
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Site Engineer to work alongside SDC's team of Site Engineers, learning the role through work experience, on the job training and further education. You will be required to travel to sites across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire so a driving licence is essential, as is the willingness to travel.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on new build and refurbishment projects from £1m to £60m in the education, automotive, leisure, retail and pharmaceutical sectors. The Company will also produce a training and development plan to ensure you career is developed and your ambitions are achieved through:
Project based training
- Setting out using LICA .
- Inspecting, preparing and monitoring work in accordance with drawings, specifications and agreed programme.
- Investigating and answering technical queries.
- Assisting the Site Engineer and Project Team with all engineering matters
Skills and Experience:
- Have a keen interest in construction engineering and an ability to understand construction drawings.
- Have good problem solving skills and a proactive approach to your workload.
- Be a strong team player with a genuine enthusiasm to produce quality work.
- Completed or currently studying HNC/HND in a Construction related discipline.
- GCSE Maths, minimum Grade B or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.